Shortly after Luke and I were put into are group, we sat
down with the script and talked about what way we wanted it to go and what
changes were to be made. We then had a talk with Daithi about a rewrite and
told him what changes we had in mind. He felt that we had a clear vision of
where to go with script and suggested handing it over to us but I said we’d wait for another draft. After receiving the next draft, we were all on the
same page and were happy to continue with Daithi as the writer.
Given there is no dialogue in the film, it will rely heavily
on the authenticity of the costume. After researching attire from the stone-age,
I began looking at different materials that could be used to make the costume.
I found the most authentic looking materials to be Hessian and faux fur. It is
ten euro for five one meter squared sheets of hessian and six euro for one
meter squared sheet of faux fur.
I researched and bookmarked a variety of websites depicting Neolithic weapons and tools to understand what is needed to recreate them as authentically as possible.




I got talking to an actor by chance and pitched him the
idea. He liked the concept and when I asked him to play the role of the hiker
he accepted and gave me his details. I asked him about his previous work and he
informed me of extensive experience in stage acting. I will also put a post on some relevant social media pages advertising the role.
I put a casting call post on numerous acting and filmmakers
pages on Facebook for the role of the Neolithic man. Within hours I had several
requests to play the part. After conversing with them and informing each of
them what would be required of them, I settled on an actor who had experience
in similar roles and had the look we were after. He was also very enthusiastic
about playing the part.

In case the costume proves too difficult to make or find
someone to make it, I am going to contact Octagon films who produce Vikings and enquire if they could lend
or perhaps rent us a costume as the extras costumes in the show have a similar
look to what we need. I also plan to contact Eimear Ni Mhaoldomhnaigh who is a
costume designer on Vikings.


No comments:
Post a Comment